Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm not the greatest writer of all time. But its the attempt that counts, right?

Reading others' blogs, and rereading my own personal journal I'm reminded of two things that affect both what I write, and how it's written.

1. I am not by my own natural abilities, a good grammar person. Less so now that I've given up time, energy, and brain cells to constant pregnancy and children. Don't get me wrong, these little people are very much worth it, and I have a feeling they're going reteach it to me the farther we get into our home school curriculum. But before this blog, I had little actual writing to do each day that doesn't involve text messages, lists, or bills going back to the college classes from when N. was tiny. It's been awhile.

2. I write how I speak unless forced to do otherwise, and frankly it's going to take a lot of time and patience to get back to a more formal style where my points are actually properly wrapped up in a nice, conventional structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment